Here we are on Thanksgiving Eve. Please tell me how a year went by so very fast! Last year my post was a reflection on 10 things for which I am thankful. One year later, it all remains true..and then some. But Thanksgiving is not only about being thankful but also about giving – Thanks Giving.
So this year I’d like to focus on what I can give. Like last year, I’ll break it down to a top 10. I can give:
- A smile – to everyone. As I reminded T just this week, the smile you give may be the only one someone sees for the day. A smile can be the simplest sign of hope.
- My undivided attention – to my boys..without distractions, no phone, no computer, no cleaning. Just focus on what they are telling me.
- My time – whether it be volunteering at my boys’ schools, meeting with a friend who needs support, or sitting with patients who need that extra minute.
- My expertise – to help change children’s lives for the better. One at a time.
- My best – to my family, my friends, my co-workers. Just give my all to all I do.
- My love – I’ve learned it’s one thing to say the words “I love you” but quite another to show and give love.
- My compassion – whether it’s a simple gesture of kindness or offering a hand to hold.
- My respect – for those who keep us safe, for those who everyday put one foot in front of the other despite the obstacles, for those consistently standing up for what they believe to be true.
- My positive thoughts – thoughts become and blossom into actions. I will feed my positive wishes so they grow for you.
- My heart..someday. It’s pretty well protected today. But someday, soon I hope, I will give all my heart to someone who can hold it as if it were their most precious treasure.
I truly live in abundance. I am grateful.